Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Any Great Lesson Ideas/Activities?

In a cheap ploy to discover everything under the sun before I write my student teaching unit, I'm turning to my peers (you guys) for ideas/experiences with these texts. Please send suggestions my way!

Cisneros, Sandra. The House on Mango Street. Standard English 9 Class. Nominal Theme of Identity and Authorship. Additional Literature: Poetry selections (I'm wrapping poetry into this overall unit), nonfiction articles, bell hooks "table" article, song lyrics, audio tape, YouTube movie clips, blog entries. Required Assignment: Narrative writing, written/timed/spoken presentation (final project-slam poetry).


Twain, Mark. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Standard English 12 Class. Nominal Theme of Censorship and Taboos. Additional literature: Fredrick Douglas, feminist lit, children's books, nonfiction historical accounts, American humorists, "northern exposure" MN censored authors, movie clips, blog entries. Required Assignment: Evaluative essay, literary analysis (final project-multigenre paper, hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment